By the end of this unit on the principles of moving and assisting safely and practice you will be able to:
- State what is meant by the term moving and assisting
- State the legal requirements relating to safer moving and handling at work.
- Understand the bio-mechanics of the spine, and associated musculoskeletal disorders.
- Demonstrate the principles of a moving and assisting risk assessment.
- Understand some handling techniques.
This course covers the following:
- Legislation requirements
- Spinal anatomy (Structure and function)
- Causes of back pain
- Client moving and assisting risk assessments
- Principles of moving clients in a care situation
- Risk factor analysis